Head of Hazelwell, Jono Jamieson-Black (U6, H) tells us more about life at College in this week's 'Meet the Prefect'
- What A Levels are you doing?
Drama, Geography and Business Studies.
- What thoughts do you have for the future?
I hope to go to Manchester to study Business Studies.
- What made you want to be a prefect?
When I was younger, prefects were people I looked up to and aspired to. I want to have the same impact on the younger years as the previous years have had on me.
- How has being a prefect helped your leadership skills?
As Head of House, it has given me the opportunity to look after and manage a large group of boys, an opportunity I would never have had if I wasn’t a prefect.
- What is your favourite meal at College?
The Coq au Vin with skinny chips and a load of tomato ketchup!
- If you could make one new rule for College, what would it be?
I think the College could encourage more pupils to embrace events in Cheltenham, such as the Literature Festival and the Cheltenham Races. It could provide an opportunity for pupils to have more interaction with parents and external speakers. It seems bizarre that some students never attend these events, purely because they live too far away during holiday periods!
- What will you miss most about College?
I will miss the routine to the day and of course the organised sports.