Academic Chair, Will Hardy (U6, S), answers our questions this week about life at College.
- What A Levels are you taking and what thoughts do you have for the future?
I am studying Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics for A Level, and plan to read Economics at University next year.
- What made you want to be a College prefect?
Having been at College since Third Form, I have experienced both the strengths and weaknesses of College. The challenge of trying to improve the small details where I knew College could do better was the key reason why I wanted to be a prefect.
- How has being a prefect helped your leadership skills?
Attempting to get change enacted at College requires coordinating students, fellow prefects, and teachers. Since being a prefect, I have experienced first-hand the importance of including others in your vision in order to motivate them to work with you.
- What is your favourite meal at College?
For me its got to be the chicken balti with papadums.
- If you could make one new rule for College what would it be?
I would make it compulsory for all College pupils to spend an hour a week reading something apart from textbooks, or the Daily Mail! A protected period of relaxation away from the stresses of work, friends or anything else would, I imagine, do a lot of good for many pupils.
- What will you miss most about College?
That is difficult. I imagine that I will miss most of all the strong sense of community amongst everyone at College. Though I think that I will also miss the sheer breadth of musical opportunities offered at College.