For early June, Cheltenham College seeks to appoint several zero-hours Invigilators to support the Examinations Officer with the day-to-day operation of examination venues during the peak examination season.
Experience is not essential as full training and instruction will be provided, but successful applicants should be comfortable with:
- Invigilating during exams;
- Ensuring that the examinations take place in accordance with regulations;
- Supervising candidates/pupils leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner;
- Assisting with the packing of examination papers, stationery and equipment prior to the examinations and the delivery to and from venues as appropriate.
- Be able to relate to academic staff and students
- Be trustworthy and reliable
- Have an understanding of examination processes or be willing to learn on the job
- Have the flexibility and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Full details of the role can be found in the job description:
Pay is based on zero-hours basis: The hours required will be assigned before the examination series. The hourly rate is: £10.50 per hour, plus and £1.27 per hour in accrued holiday pay.
How to apply
To apply, please send a completed application with covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: Sunday, 21 May, though early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be called to interview ahead of the closing date.