Cheltenham College seeks to appoint several zero-hours Invigilators to support the Examinations Officer with the day-to-day operation of examination venues during the peak examination season.
Experience is not essential as full training and instruction will be provided, but successful applicants should be comfortable with:
• Invigilating during examinations and dealing with queries raised by candidates whilst dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures,
• Ensuring that the examinations take place in accordance with JCQ regulations;
• Supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner;
• Assisting with the packing of examination papers, stationery and equipment prior to the examinations and the delivery to and from venues as appropriate.
• Be able to relate to academic staff and students
• Have an understanding of examination processes or be willing to learn on the job
• Have the flexibility and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Full details of the role can be found in the job description:
Pay is based on zero-hours basis: The hours required will be assigned before the examination series. The hourly rate is: £9.82 per hour, plus and £1.18 per hour in accrued holiday pay.
How to apply
To apply, please forward a completed application form with covering letter, electronically, to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 14 April 2022 with interviews planned to take place in the following weeks.