Cheltenham College is a busy environment which operates 24/7 and, to ensure College is a safe and secure place for pupils, staff and visitors, we seek to appoint a Night Security Officer. Night Security Officers provide physical patrols of the site, as well as monitoring via the CCTV system. Other duties include, checking and locking up premises, initial point of contact for fire and security issues, access control and dealing with other mechanical and electrical issues in premises during the evening, silent hours and the early morning.
Previous knowledge of the security industry is essential and ideally, the post holder will have, or be capable of working towards a current 3-day FAW (First Aid at Work) qualification and SIA Public Space CCTV License.
A full clean driving licence is required and experience of working in a school, with knowledge of safeguarding principles would be desirable. Candidates without this background would be expected to undertake training in safeguarding and all employees must undertake an enhanced DBS check.
- Duty Pattern: a 4-on/4-off duty pattern (42 hours per block) Monday to Sunday
- Weekly average hours: 36 hours and 45 minutes.
- Shift Length: 20:00-06:30
- Starting rate – (Grade A) – £14.75 per hour: £28,263.95 per annum
- Experienced in role – (Grade B) – £15.25 per hour (usually after one-year): £29,222.81 per annum
- Overtime will be paid for hours worked over 40 hours per week, at a time-and-a-half rate-of-pay.
How to apply
To apply, please forward a completed application form, together with covering letter, electronically, to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 1 October 2023. Interviews are scheduled to take place shortly after.