Required for immediate start, Cheltenham College has a vacancy for a Night Security Officer. The Night Security Officer provides physical patrols of the site, as well as monitoring via the CCTV system. Other duties include, checking and locking up premises, initial point of contact for fire and security issues, access control and dealing with other mechanical and electrical issues in premises during the evening, silent hours and the early morning.
The post holder will be a member of the College Estates Team and will report to the Portering and Security Manager and the Health, Safety and Risk Manager.
Previous knowledge of the security industry is essential and, ideally, the post holder will hold a current 3-day FAW (First Aid at Work) qualification, SIA Public Space CCTV License or be capable of working towards these. A DBS enhanced check will be undertaken on the successful candidate.
A full clean driving licence is required and experience of working in a school, with knowledge of safeguarding principles would be desirable. Candidates without this background would be expected to undertake training in safeguarding.
College is a busy and challenging environment, which operates 24/7, therefore, excellent interpersonal and organisational skills are needed, along with a flexible and conscientious attitude. The ability to communicate well is essential.
- Duty Pattern: a 4-on/4-off duty pattern – Monday to Sunday night shifts (52 weeks a year)
- Hours of work are based on a 32-hour week
- Mid-week: Start at 21.00 hours to 06.30 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Weekend: Start at 20.30 hours to 06.30 hours (Sat and Sun)
- Shift Length: Mid-week (Mon-Fri) is an 9.5-hour night-shift (includes a 30-minute unpaid break). Weekend (Sat and Sun) is a 10-hour night-shift (includes 30-minute unpaid break)
- Salary: £9.86 per hour. A supplementary allowance of £1.00 per hour will also be paid for each hour worked between the hours of midnight to 6am, provided that at least 3 hours are worked.
- Overtime will be paid for hours worked over 40 hours per week, at time and a half rates of pay. All days are considered the same for calculating hours worked as overtime.
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day paid at twice hourly rate
- Annual leave increases with length of service and is inclusive of bank holiday entitlement. Leave entitlement is pro rata based on number of hours and/or days worked. All holidays must be agreed with the line manager in advance.
Please download and complete the application form and email it, along with a covering letter, to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 3 January 2022 with interviews planned to take place shortly after.