Pupils at Cheltenham College have this week achieved an excellent set of GCSE and A Level results.
Highlights within the Cheltenham College GCSE results include:
- 71% of grades awarded were grade 9-7 (or alphabetical equivalent)
- 54% of grades awarded were grade 9-8 (or alphabetical equivalent)
- 9 pupils achieved the highest possible grade in all of their examinations
Highlights within the Cheltenham College A Level results include:
- Three quarters of pupils’ results have been graded A* – A
- 39 pupils achieved three or more A*s
- 76% pupils gained places at their first choice University
- Three quarters of A Level candidates will attend Russell Group Universities
- All five Oxbridge candidates achieved their offers
Exam results are an important part of pupils’ time at Cheltenham College. They are a reflection of their continuous effort and excellence in all areas of life at the school whether it is in the Boarding House, on the sports field or in the arts. This year they are particularly worthy of congratulations as the pupils have shown great resilience, adaptability and character to succeed during the COVID-19 pandemic and the extensive periods of remote learning that this brought.
The majority of Fifth Form pupils will now move into the College Sixth Form and will be supported to achieve a place at their Higher Education destination of choice whilst studying a variety of A Level subjects. Our Sixth Formers leave us for a range of higher education courses at some of the top academic institutions both in the UK and overseas.
Nicola Huggett, Cheltenham College Head commented on the recent results:
“The whole College community is incredibly proud of the achievements of all of our examination candidates this year. They have shown remarkable character and resilience in coping with all the many challenges they have faced during this period of disruption and we are delighted that they have fulfilled their considerable potential.”
Cheltenham College is an independent day and boarding school located at the heart of the Cotswolds. Boys and girls receive a rounded education from the ages of 3 to 18 years old at Cheltenham Prep and then at the senior school, Cheltenham College. Scholarships and bursaries are available.