Examination results are an important outcome of a full, rounded education and development both inside and outside the classroom.
Our pupils receive outstanding teaching from specialist subject tutors throughout their education but are also encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop independent and enquiring minds. At the same time, we ensure that all our pupils are fully supported by a pastoral framework that includes mentors, tutors, matrons, College’s counsellors and the chaplaincy team. As pupils approach exams, we provide additional support in the form of preparation, revision guidance and advice.
The success of our approach is reflected in the grades our students receive at GCSE and College is proud of our pupils and their results, which provide a springboard for future success.
Highlights from 2018:
- Over two thirds of pupils achieved A*-A
- A quarter of pupils achieved 7A* or more
- One third of pupils achieved 5A* or more
- 8 pupils achieved straight A* results
These very impressive results continue at A Level.
Highlights from our 2018 College A Level results include:
- The top 100 pupils scored 95% A* to B
- Over 76% achieved A* - B grades
- Nearly half (48%) of pupils’ results were graded A*-A