Supporting and encouraging you to pursue the highest aspirations is part of the College ethos. If you decide that you would like to pursue the goal of a place at Oxford or Cambridge, we will provide a wealth of dedicated support to help you in your ambition.
In the first instance, we will assess and discuss your choice of subject so we can optimise your chance of success. From there, working alongside our Oxbridge Co-ordinator, we will ensure you are given the time and space you need to create your application.
We also provide practical support that includes:
- an Oxbridge mentor who is usually the College Head of Department for your chosen course
- dedicated preparation lessons held in the Spring and Summer Terms that cover the administrative aspects of your application and your academic development
- insights into the additional aptitude tests you might be asked to take as well as the provision of mock tests
- interview practice with an external interviewer as well as College interviewers
- trips to Oxford and Cambridge in the Summer Term, which we recommend you attend alongside Open Day visits that you organise separately
- regular liaison with your parents throughout the Oxbridge preparation process to ensure we are in partnership in support of your application.
The value of our Oxbridge support is demonstrated in the success rate of our students. In 2017, six College students applied for and were successful in securing a place at Oxford or Cambridge.