We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dynamic honours graduate to take a leadership role in the implementation of the sporting vision for Cheltenham Prep, taking a particular responsibility for Girls’ Games.
Reporting to the Assistant Head (Sport), you will be jointly responsible for implementing the vision for sport at Cheltenham College and will deputise for the Assistant Head when required.
There is a strong sense of community at The Prep and the appointed candidate will relish the opportunity to not only lead, but form part of a close-knit, warm and welcoming team, enjoying the achievements of the pupils and making a strong, overall contribution to the success of the school.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to possess the following skills and attributes:
- Approachable, flexible and have a sense of humour.
- A genuine passion for ensuring that every child, regardless of their ability, is able to get the best experience out of sport.
- Strong organisation capabilities with the ability to juggle tasks, prioritise workloads and delegate when needed.
- Excellent leadership skills as the postholder will be expected to work with a diverse group of staff.
- A skilled and intuitive communicator with the ability to deal effectively with colleagues at all levels, parents and external agencies.
- Responsible, caring and supportive with the ability to be fair and open-minded, maintaining discipline and order when necessary as well as providing plenty of encouragement and rewards.
The candidate will also be required to teach an academic subject alongside their sporting commitments and responsibilities; applicants should indicate their particular teaching discipline in their application and covering letter.
The deadline for applications is: 10am on Friday 25 February
Interviews will be held in: week commencing 28 February 2022
How to apply
To apply, please forward a completed application form with covering letter, electronically, to: firstname.lastname@example.org