The Chatfeild-Roberts Library
The Chatfeild-Roberts Library is at the heart of College life, supporting pupils both academically and pastorally. The Library is a space for pupils to be inspired, to immerse themselves in literature, study and to socialise with their peers. The library is a space for all, with boundless opportunities.
More than books
- Book clubs – running after school on a Monday, aimed at inspiring our pupils to read and discuss a wide range of popular modern literature.
- Author visits – allowing our pupils to hear and meet some of the latest inspiring authors who are writing for children and young adults.
- Third Form Challenge – providing a time each Wednesday after school for groups to participate in a twilight reading session.
- Academic support – the library is a wonderful learning environment with over 20,000 paper resources and many more online.
- Developing information literacy skills – experienced librarians teaching research skills to our pupils, helping them to gain the skills they will need throughout school and beyond.
- Individual reading – a warm, welcoming, comfortable space for our school community to curl up with a great book.
- Pastoral guidance – the library is a calm safe space for all and we are here to listen, engage and support our pupils.
- Independent study – during lesson time and in our prep sessions, the library becomes a quiet space for pupils to be able to work independently in a beautiful setting.
Opening Times During Term Time
Monday to Friday – 8:00am to 9:00pm (7:15pm to 8:45pm is Evening Prep for Upper College)
Saturday – 8:15am to 1:00pm
Sunday – 1:00pm to 4:30pm (Summer Term Only – 10:00am to 4:30pm)