We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dynamic teacher to oversee Boys’ Games throughout the school.
Working alongside the Head of Girls’ Games and Head of PE and Swimming you will be jointly responsible for implementing the vision for sport at Cheltenham College Prep.
There is a strong sense of community at The Prep and the appointed candidate will relish the opportunity to not only lead, but form part of a close-knit, warm and welcoming team, enjoying the achievements of the pupils and making a strong, overall contribution to the success of the school.
Sport has always played a major role throughout Cheltenham College. As well as extraordinary facilities for a prep school we also share 14 full time sports professionals with the senior school ensuring our provision for sport is second to none.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong leadership, motivational and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of line management and outstanding communication skills in managing parental expectations.
- Proven success in the realm of sports management in a school setting and of raising standards and increasing participation.
- Enthusiasm and creativity to work with and inspire both talented pupils and those not naturally gifted in sport.
- A confident and enthusiastic outlook.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good IT skills.
- Commitment to life in a busy boarding school.
This Is a hugely exciting and varied role for an outstanding sports teacher who wants to further his or her career in a fun and exciting environment.
Please see the job description pack for more details.
The deadline for applications is: 10am on Monday 27 February
Interviews will be held in: week commencing Monday 6 March 2023
How to apply
To apply, please forward a completed application form with covering letter, electronically, to: email@example.com
Cheltenham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its recruitment and selection of job applicants and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from suitably qualified individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We encourage all candidates to ensure that College is aware of your particular requirements should you be invited to interview.