Science Technician (Full time / Term Time only)
For September 2023, a full-time Science Technician is required to join Cheltenham College’s Science Department with a particular focus in the Chemistry Department.
This role is term-time only: 33 weeks per annum.
Though the role will be based in Chemistry, there will be a requirement to provide ad-hoc cover in Biology & Physics when needed as the three disciplines work closely alongside each other within the Science Department.
Candidates should; be organised with good attention to detail and the ability to use initiative, be able to follow safe working practices and prioritise workloads during busy periods. Strong interpersonal skills and a co-operative and flexible attitude are essential.
- Complimentary School lunch available during term time
- Members of staff are entitled to free membership to College sports facilities (gyms, courts and pool) as well as heavily discounted family discounts
- Executive Pension Scheme available after satisfactory completion of probationary period
Hours and Salary
- Starting salary range: (between pay grade B to D) will be dependent on experience and qualifications (the range is between £21,586 – £26,890.50 per annum based on a full time / full year role. To reflect the part-year, term-time nature of the role, the actual salary range will be adjusted to between £15,352.61 – £19,124.90 and is based on a FTE of 0.71)
- Although part year, the salary is averaged out over 12 months to ensure a regular monthly income is paid throughout the entire year.
- 37.5 hours per week (8.30-16.30), for 33 weeks per annum (term time).
How to apply
To apply, please forward a completed application and covering letter, electronically, to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 11 June 2023.